Monday, March 30, 2009

Most Alive Monday: That Beautiful Thing

"I hear them deep inside me whispering,
oh what is that beautiful thing that just happened?" - Mary Oliver

A few moments before this photo was taken, he fell flat on his face along the trail. He scraped his head, hands and got a huge bruise on his right knee. We walked home to tend to the boo boos and dry some tears. And then he was off running again and throwing himself down on the grassy hill, laughing wildly. I kept wondering how does he do that...go from hysterical crying to laughing wildly in a matter of minutes? How does he move from pain to joy so quickly? And it occurred to me it's because he is so completely present and doesn't try to be anywhere else. He doesn't try to be something else. When he's hurt, he hurts and when he's happy, he's happy. It is what it is, nothing more, nothing less. And one can travel rather quickly without any baggage.















*About Most Alive Monday: I've decided to make at least one "most alive choice" each day and post my favorite each Monday. This, of course, is to motivate me to consciously "live juicy"! I hope you'll join me and share your "most alive moment" in the comments section so we may inspire each other.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:34 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

I think we could all take a lesson from your little Satchel.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Jessica Monte said...

I like that. Oh, and to see it, be with it everyday, that is the gift we as parents receive. We are so blessed.

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home