Monday, January 26, 2009

Most Alive Monday: Shadows

Deep in the woods on the coldest day of winter a little boy drops his mitten...


The Shadow Puppet Workshop was magical. After watching a puppet show, the children chose an animal from the story, "The Mitten" and created (with their mama's help) a shadow puppet. Satch was a hedgehog.

After some practice at the screen, children lined up and waited for their cue, " a______came along and asked to squeeze into the mitten and the other animals said -you can try".















*About Most Alive Monday: I've decided to make at least one "most alive choice" each day and post my favorite each Monday. This, of course, is to motivate me to consciously "live juicy"! I hope you'll join me and share your "most alive moment" in the comments section so we may inspire each other.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 6:03 AM

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Oh, I remember this story now. I read it when I worked in a book store. (I did more reading than working, hidden between the shelves.) This looks like so much fun!

11:37 AM  
Blogger Jessica Monte said...

Wendy, since I had missed out on hearing the story (keeping track of Annabelle), today we read it together at the library. Not only did we enjoy making our puppet and playing with shadows (at the workshop and at home), but I think Annabelle like the drama of it all. I hope we bump into you and Satch again soon!

5:27 PM  
Blogger Potato said...

There is something so magic about shadow puppets. And those kiddos look so cute lined up there!

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home