Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Fireball




Satch: Mama, what's that?
Me: It's an Atomic Fireball left over from Halloween that I meant to throw out.

a few moments later...

Satch: Mama, I'm hiding under the table so I don't get in trouble.
Me: Are you trying to open the fireball?
Satch: Yes
Me: Satch, It's a very spicy choking hazard.
Satch: Please may I have it?
Me: Ok, but I will need to break it into small pieces first.
Satch: (excitedly) OK OK OK
Me: Now here's the deal...when you see how hot this is I don't want you to get upset since I already warned you about it...just spit it out in this bowl and drink some water, ok?
Satch: YES! (takes it and goes back under the table)

a few moments later...

Satch: YOU'RE RIGHT IT'S HOT!
Me: Then spit it out.
Satch: No, I'm on the verge of enjoying a snack.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 6:57 AM

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that verge! We can never rescue ourselves from it!

11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Satch you are amazing!!!!!!!!!

10:11 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Wow! That made me laugh out loud. I know how he feels, though.

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sooo funny!!! that's awesome you let him try it! i love it. did he eat the whole thing? those things are really hot

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am laughing so hard! I love this post! Your comment "that is a very spicy choking hazard" is just so hysterical!
And I can relate to the hiding-under-the-table-while-admitting-to-wrongdoing behavior.
Fabulous post!

11:28 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

he's a character alright. i love to respond to comments via personal email, so sara...if you're reading this, drop me a line, won't you?
xo

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home