Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Explorer of the World

"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong." - Joseph Chilton Pearce

The high winds over the holidays knocked a lot of branches down. We found one with some buds on it and brought it home to see if we can get the buds to open and reveal leaves or flowers.



Satch added to the experiment by placing a chopstick in the glass because, he said, "chopsticks are wood and wood comes from trees".








And without any information on my part, Satch has figured out that there may be a way to hoist himself with the pulley that Santa brought him. I wasn't planning on showing him that trick until he was a bit older.



His explorations are getting more complicated and I can't help thinking about some early Satch science.

This post is dedicated to Keri Smith. She surprised me with a copy of her new book over the holidays and I'm seriously loving it.

(Thank you, Keri!)


If you don't already have Keri's book, GO GET IT!


Labels:

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:54 AM

4 Comments:

Blogger LearningAllTheTime said...

Very cute. Let us know what the chopstick does :)

I like today's quote, "To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong." I think for me historically, instead of wrong, "not good enough" was my bugaboo. Although I will say that as I've gotten older, I've mostly shed that shackle...

12:00 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

i used to love to force branches into blooming. the trick seemed to be to put them in darkness a little first.
And that looks like a great book!

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! Let us know if the chopsticks reveal anything after being the water!

Love that hoist! How fun!

5:17 PM  
Blogger Elise said...

Hi Wendy

That quote appeals to me and it is my mission to try and instil in my children a spirit of seeing the possibilities and knowing there are many right answers. To conform to someone else's predetermined ideas does not necessarily make something right.

I went through the link to learn more about Keri's book and now I am intrigued, I want to know more about the assignemtns. I guess I'll just have to buy the book and see where it takes me. Off to get my hands on a copy of this book.

Thank you for sharing.

Lots of love
Elise

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home