Thursday, December 04, 2008

Tweets

"may my heart always be open to little
birds who are the secrets of living" - e.e. cummings.

So as I mentioned yesterday, while Satch was napping I sewed a dozen of these birdies to put on our Xmas tree. I should also tell you that because I'm not very good at sewing, Satch thought my first bird was a dolphin. I don't know what I did wrong, but the first one I made out of vintage bark cloth scraps which was a bit heavy. The rest of the flock I made from scraps of vintage hankies that I had laying around. Still, when Robert came home yesterday he said, "What's with all the fish?".

Here's the free pattern!

Satchel's friend R is celebrating her 3rd birthday so I'm going to try to make her this bird mobile. Satch has declared that he wants one too, so I better get to work.

See you Monday!

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:22 AM

9 Comments:

Blogger Jessica Monte said...

I love the birds and I can totally relate to your sewing adventures (I too am terrible; in fact, sadly I just sold my sewing machine =(.

On another note, I just gave you an award on my blog. Head on over to take a peak! =)

8:18 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

i humbly thank you

8:53 AM  
Blogger Rowena said...

I want to make some of those out of old kids' clothes.

I'vve got the striped pajamas sitting right here... no, I'm sitting on them.

What do you think about a red, gray, navy and white striped birds? Verticle, horizontal? Both? Diagonal?

Hm.

3:39 PM  
Blogger nina beana said...

you are freakin' amazing and inspiring, as always. hope you're on the mend.

(still fondling that package, btw :)

xx

4:17 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

neen,
i guess you didn't read the part about my husband thinking they were fish....

xoxo

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, that totally cracked me up!

Love it.

(btw, they look like birds to me...)

11:17 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so funny! they look like birds to me but i am looking from a distance:)
i too am going to make those but had not thought of keeping them here(gasp, keep my creations??)and so thankyou. up in the branches of cut red osier dogwood they will go.
such a funny funny post!

12:22 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

thanks crys. can you believe it...fish?!?! sigh.

xo

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home