Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Hope (Documented by Satch)

"The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for." - Allan Chalmers


Yesterday morning, after breakfast, Satch hopped into his stroller and we began our almost 2 mile (and partially hilly) hike to go vote. He brought his camera and documented our adventure.

















Along the trail, the tall trees showered us with jewel toned leaves.


\
"They're giving trees!", Satch exclaimed, and instructed me to place his gifts in the bottom of the pram. "Lets find more giving trees", he said. "We don't need to look for them", I replied, "they will find us". "Can they see us?", he asked. "No, they feel us", I explained. We sauntered along pausing every so often to breathe in the scent of the pines and firs.
















We stopped at the intersection so Satch could photograph a friendly dog...















and again because he discovered "an X".



When we reached our funky polling place, I felt very emotional, so full of hope as I slid my ballot into the optical scanner. One of the volunteers handed Satch a sticker and he immediately affixed it to his jeans and took a photo.











Link


I could not stay awake last night to watch the numbers, but I awoke at 4 AM and wept with joy to read the news.

*Photo credit to my three year old son, Satch. He used his V-tech Kidizoom.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 4:56 AM

5 Comments:

Blogger Jessica Monte said...

Yay! I voted in the primaries with my daughter on my hip. I attended an Obama rally with my daughter at my side. And yesterday, we voted and celebrated together. What a beautiful day!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

it's monumental. for the first time in my life i'm proud to say i'm an american.
namaste,
wendy

9:16 AM  
Blogger Rowena said...

awesome.

my 3yo son also loves to take pictures but he keeps trying to steal my camera.

maybe he can get a kid camera for chirstmas

and yay US! Finally.

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today we face a mountain of giving trees and keep going.

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely photo essay. Thank you, Satch!

yay.

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home