Tuesday, October 07, 2008

My Life, the musical...


I love strings!

Once upon a time, a fine October in the 1970's...

I told my mom that what I REALLY REALLY wanted for my birthday was a "House Concert". There was a young (sort of crunchy) couple by the name of Kenny & Sue, whose music I liked and I begged my mom to ask them if they would play. She did. They said, "YES", and brought along a friend who was a musician AND a magician.

And that, my friends, is another example of why my life "is so magic"!


Fast forward 30+ years later and below is my musically enamored son having a close encounter with Greta's guitar, last season.


In other news, I have a scratched cornea, but my vision is 20/20. This is amusing because Robert teases me about using a magnifying glass to read fine print. I won my bet that my vision was normal and the doctor wrote a prescription for medication for my eye AND a pint of Ben & Jerry's S'mores ice cream to make sure Robert settles up.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:12 AM

4 Comments:

Blogger Rowena said...

My favorite birthday party had a house concert. I was twenty five, and my friends took out the guitars and sat down at the piano and it was so much fun.

9:22 AM  
Blogger jessamyn said...

oh dear wendy. that sounds like my kind of birthday wish.

12:22 AM  
Blogger denise said...

I love that!

12:49 PM  
Blogger Garden State Kate said...

Sounds a wonderful birthday!
Hope your eye heals soon!

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home