Monday, October 27, 2008

Most Alive Monday: Pumpkin Carving

"When the first baby laughed for the first time, the laugh broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies" - J. M. Barrie



Satch said that he wanted his Jack-o'-lantern to look like a fairy house "with windows and a door with a knob that turns", so we got busy. We made a door with popsicle sticks.























I cut them, and attached the twig reinforcements with hot glue. Satch sanded the rough edges. Then I stained the wood and added the knob (bead & brad) and wee hinges. After I carved the doorway and windows, Satch installed our fairy door.


We found some lacy leaves for curtains and filled an acorn cap with berries.














He dug up some moss to make a carpet inside the house and next we'll make a fairy chandelier to illuminate the house on Halloween night.








On the fairy clothesline hangs a fairy skirt. At first glance it looks like a Zinnia, but we know better.


















Satch was pleased with our creation.


















We made sure to leave the door ajar before we left.


*About Most Alive Monday: I've decided to make at least one "most alive choice" each day and post my favorite each Monday. This, of course, is to motivate me to consciously "live juicy"! I hope you'll join me and share your "most alive moment" in the comments section so we may inspire each other.
You may also post photos of your "most alive moments" in my most alive flickr pool! (If you post a photo in pool, be sure
to include your link in the comment)

Labels: , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:49 AM

9 Comments:

Blogger Elise said...

Oh Wendy

I have read and re-read this post and ooohed and aaahed over the pictures. Amazing.

Satch is so creative and imaginative. A jack-o-lantern (with all the trimmings) to look like a fairy house is such a brilliant idea.

This is the most adorable jack-o-lantern I have ever seen (and will probably ever see).

I can't wait to see what you use to make the chandelier.

Your creativity brings a smile to my face and makes me feel so happy. A beautiful, uplifting post, truly inspirational.

Lots of love
Elise

7:26 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

In all honesty, Elise, it is he that inspires me. He challenges me on many levels.

Love to you,
Wendy

8:21 AM  
Blogger Rowena said...

That is one AWESOME jack o lantern.

Imagine the lucky fairy who finds it and moves in.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Ginger Carlson, author said...

Way to go, Satch! Amazing fairy home! I am sure they will make good use of it!

10:12 AM  
Blogger Kirsten Michelle said...

isn't it so very true how much they teach and inspire us. i learn more about myself and life spending my days in their company then i ever imagined possible.

thank you for sharing these delightful photos...we are, all three of us here peeking in on this post this morning, enjoying their magic ;-)

10:54 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

this is so awesome! best pumpkin ever!

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a beautiful fairy house!!! give satch a huge human hug for me and tell him i wish i were there to help make a tiny fence to go around the house (i'd let him make the gate)....xoxoxoxoxoxo

9:20 PM  
Blogger taisa said...

That might just be one of the sweetest things I've laid eyes on. That and your sweet boy (and my own of course!)

8:08 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

thank you, t. your boys are seriously yummy. xo

4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home