Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Fairies Continued

Ready for a guest...

I sorted through the sale bin at Michaels looking for bits to make a fairy chandelier. I grabbed some beaded wire, a few silk flowers and a tiny little light. The fairy illumination now hangs on the ceiling.






















Since the pumpkin dwelling is a temporary space, I made a tiny little sleeping bag and pillow. Satch added a little wooden mushroom that he painted.

Remember the wooden shrooms that I was saving for rainy day?
















Turns out, they are incredibly easy for wee hands to paint. He sent one to his "Nomah" for her birthday, and gave one to his Grandma Sheila and Aunt Lola when they visited a few weeks ago.





Below is the very rare Mossy-patch Porcini...


Can you find our prized Agaricus Alphabeticus and our Scribble-Cap Stropharia?
















PS- We took Satch to the Pumpkin Glow at Great Country Farms. It was magical! The first thing he said was, "YOOK at all the stars!" The sky was spectacular. There were over 1500 pumpkins lit and although I tried, I found it impossible to photograph the the entire collection.

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:38 AM

7 Comments:

Blogger Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

What a delightful fairy house/jack o'lantern! Truly magical. We are always building fairy houses around our yard so I know my kids will be very excited to see your fancy pumpkin abode. I just discovered your blog from Crafty Crow. My son is also a robot for Halloween this year. Nice to discover your blog. Happy Halloween!

8:28 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Thanks DSBC or may I call you Nosh? I would send you a personal email, but I couldn't find an addy on your blog. Nice to meet you.

Namaste,
W

8:36 AM  
Blogger denise said...

I love this. I have been wallowing in a blankness this week and your jack'o'lantern photos are just so full of life and light that I want to cry. Cheesy me. Lovely. :)

11:54 AM  
Blogger Elise said...

Hi dear Wendy

Oh I love it. Your jack-o-lantern is magical, wondrous, dreamy, whimsical and uplifting.

What a delight to see this gorgeous creation.

Satch ceratinly is one little boy who not only inspires you, but also me.

What a sight to see over 1500 pumkins lit. Sounds like an awesome and memorable experience. I can imagine all the children, mums and dads viweing this magical scene with eyes wide open.

Lots of love
Elise

3:33 AM  
Blogger Jessica Monte said...

When we moved into our house, the last owners left a large bag full of wooden buttons or knobs. I think I will try the mushroom painting activity with Annabelle, especially since I just picked up no-voc acrylic paints yesterday.

I love the photo from the Pumpkin Glow!

7:20 AM  
Blogger Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

Wendy,
Yes, call me Nosh! :) Thanks for the nice welcome and nice to meet you,too!
Lucia

12:49 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Wow! How magical.

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home