Monday, September 15, 2008

Most Alive Monday: Squam Art Workshops

I have perceived
that to be with those I like
is enough,
To stop in the company
with the rest at evening
is enough,
To be surrounded by
beautiful, curious, breathing, laughing flesh
is enough,
To pass among them,
or touch any one,
Or rest my arm ever so lightly
round his or her neck for a moment
what is this, then?
I do not ask any more delight.
I swim in it, as in a sea. -Walt Whitman

We're back and breathless and I'm trying to string together some coherent thoughts. I put together a slide show below these photos in the meantime...and added a few words below. I've uploaded some photos to flickr with more details.

We stayed on Wakondah Pond where sunrises wash the bottom of the sky in hues of pink and lavender. There are no motor boats permitted and the only sound that can be heard is the giggling of loons. In the evening we watched tiny bats swooping gracefully above the surface of the pond, catching meals of mosquitoes and looping back through the trees. I stood motionless and wished for one to fly closer to me and rewarded for my patience.

















While the mamas were creating, the cubs went canoing with the papa bears and other such adventures. I lost all sense of time in Nina's class and felt extremely grateful to have uninterrupted time to fill my well surrounded by kindred spirits. I'm struggling to find words because the poem above and the slide show below really DOES describe what I'm feeling much more eloquently.

*About Most Alive Monday: I've decided to make at least one "most alive choice" each day and post my favorite each Monday. This, of course, is to motivate me to consciously "live juicy"! I hope you'll join me and share your "most alive moment" in the comments section so we may inspire each other.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 6:15 AM

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome back my friend!

xoxoxox
julie

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are pure magic-- the "YES" you gave me sits right by my mirror-- what a poet and artist you are-- how lucky I am to have met you!!

~Elizabeth

7:10 PM  
Blogger denise said...

love it.

i have read that poem many times, but tonight, in this moment of where i am right now, it means something new. thank you.

can't wait to hear more about squam!

12:04 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

j, thank you friend...it's lovely to be welcomed home by dear ones.

e, thank YOU for creating this monumental event. i'm so grateful to have been a part of it.

d,
i'm still struggling to find words. and we're all sort of coming back to reality right now. yesterday my son spent the day whining and crying and i'm certain that it was the withdrawal from all that creative energy. something special happens when creative spirits get together in one place, it's palpable. and to be surrounded by such beauty, to be cradled by nature during such a vulnerable moment...sigh...again, no words. i added a few more thoughts to the post along with the link to my flickr set. i hope this will give others some sense of it.
xoxo

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for sharing the moments that meant the most to you. it was so wonderful to work across the table with someone i adore so much. and who's got such big BAWLZ! xoxoxo p

12:52 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Lovely poem. I hadn't heard it before, thank you.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

welcome, sandy, may you always have 'enough'.

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, wendy. you did. you captured it so perfectly. i thank you, humbly! much love to you - xo nina

12:11 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

nina,
you light my path.
i see you.
i love you.
w

I carry you with me into the world, into the smell of rain & the words that dance between people & for me, it will always be this way, walking in the light, remembering being alive together - Brian Andreas (Story People)

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home