Thursday, September 18, 2008

Again With the Goodly Goodliness

"Willing to accept that she creates her own reality except for some of the parts where she can't help but wonder what the hell she was thinking" - Brian Andreas (Story People)

So we returned from our trip to nirvana...um I mean Squam Art Workshops, and there was an email stating that my missing letterbox had been mysteriously returned. The local news is doing a follow-up to this story with the new happy ending.

AND...Think Tank (An international show of work exploring contemporary political issues including the environment, the death penalty, the war in Iraq, immigration, homeland security, and the election process itself) which includes two of my pieces opens tomorrow at the Clara M. Eagle Gallery at Murray State University in Kentucky.

I know I've said this before, but I really AM the luckiest person on earth. Do you believe me now? (If not, here's further proof)

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:40 AM

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wendy,these pieces are genius!!! I love the unwelcome mat and how true is it of the election process...maybe we'd get better results with the beanbag approach.

awesome!

1:23 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

i humbly thank you

2:36 PM  
Blogger denise said...

I had shown my husband those pieces last week or so (we were discussing how politics makes me want to create art that is confrontational...which all of my paintings usually are, meaning politics makes me want to paint...literally or just via social crap.). Blah blah blah. But love them.

Lucky? Not sure about luck, but do believe in the karmic boomerang. ;)

12:28 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

i know what you mean, d, we talk with our hands...

5:52 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

We could use that beanbag art piece in our office ... what fun! Love your medium. Happy Belated Birthday to Satch ... I'm coming around, slowly. I just might survive all of this life craziness.

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home