Monday, June 23, 2008

Most Alive Monday: First Flight

With tuppence for paper and strings
You can have your own set of wings
With your feet on the ground
You're a bird in a flight
With your fist holding tight
To the string of your kite - Robert B. Sherman (Mary Poppins)















I made a couple of kites for R and Satch that I found on Crafty Crow. I've made all sorts of kites in the past, but I really wanted to test drive this one because it's simple enough for a child to make and I didn't need to run out of the house to buy any supplies. I used:
  • construction paper
  • scotch tape
  • bamboo skewers (from the pack left over from Satchel's birthday melon ship)
  • an old ikea bag
  • baker's twine for two reasons A- because it's light and soft and I've been cut on kite string too many times and B - because I have so much baker's twine that I might not be able to use it all in my lifetime (so if you need any just let me know)
  • a small twig for which to wind the string upon
Well, as you can see it was a wild success!















Later the dynamic duo (center) did some flying of a different sort on a swing set located in a patch of clover.















This is the gorgeous view from the playground (sigh).















All together now..."Lets go fly a kite and send it soaring!"
*About Most Alive Monday: I've decided to make at least one "most alive choice" each day and post my favorite each Monday. This, of course, is to motivate me to consciously "live juicy"! I hope you'll join me and share your "most alive moment" in the comments section so we may inspire each other.

You may also post photos of your "most alive moments" in my most alive flickr pool! (If you post a photo in pool, be sure
to include your link in the comment)

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:14 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails