Monday, June 23, 2008

Most Alive Monday: First Flight

With tuppence for paper and strings
You can have your own set of wings
With your feet on the ground
You're a bird in a flight
With your fist holding tight
To the string of your kite - Robert B. Sherman (Mary Poppins)














I made a couple of kites for R and Satch that I found on Crafty Crow. I've made all sorts of kites in the past, but I really wanted to test drive this one because it's simple enough for a child to make and I didn't need to run out of the house to buy any supplies. I used:
  • construction paper
  • scotch tape
  • bamboo skewers (from the pack left over from Satchel's birthday melon ship)
  • an old ikea bag
  • baker's twine for two reasons A- because it's light and soft and I've been cut on kite string too many times and B - because I have so much baker's twine that I might not be able to use it all in my lifetime (so if you need any just let me know)
  • a small twig for which to wind the string upon

Well, as you can see it was a wild success!










Later the dynamic duo (center) did some flying of a different sort on a swing set located in a patch of clover.

















This is the gorgeous view from the playground (sigh).





















All together now..."Lets go fly a kite and send it soaring!" *About Most Alive Monday: I've decided to make at least one "most alive choice" each day and post my favorite each Monday. This, of course, is to motivate me to consciously "live juicy"! I hope you'll join me and share your "most alive moment" in the comments section so we may inspire each other.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:14 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home