Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Breaks

A neighbor took a shortcut along the side of our home, through our back yard and trampled one of our foxgloves. He came back a second time and ran over it with his gas grill. I don't know if the plant is going to survive. I talked to our landlord about the property line and our garden is not in common area which is far beyond where this fellow was walking.


(The backyard which was formerly mud is now green. The grass seed grew, the flowers, pumpkins and gourds are beginning to grow).

So, Satch and I went in search of some fallen branches...some Y shaped and some straight. I hammered the Y shaped branches into the ground to create posts for a rustic twig garden fence to protect our seedlings from any potential "short cuts".


I gave Satch a rubber mallet to "help" and he walked straight over to the clay bowl that we use to feed chipmunks and other creatures.... and whacked it.


(WHY?!?!)

I showed him the huge crack and explained that it will eventually split in half and when it does we will no longer have a bowl for acorns to feed the critters. He was apologetic, and I tried not to be too angry about it because at that very moment I remembered the time I shot out one of the garage windows with my slingshot.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 6:48 AM

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every place you live, and I've seen three, looks like the inside of your heart!

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why did this make me laugh! i'm sorry about the bowl....so many times i've been there. why?

laughing...sorry. but only because i thought i read a laugh somewhere in between the lines coming from you.

thank you thank you for the link on the twig fence...this is one thing i've attempted in my own backyard but with not so great results and would love to spend time researchign.

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home