And all the hills echoed...." -William Blake
Satch dipped his hands in non-toxic fabric paint and pressed his wee mitts onto the back. I dated it with a fabric marker.
I also made this nifty gifty for Satch...it's a ribbon stick, but he calls it a ribbon kite. It's my own variation of one that I saw on page 51-52 of this book. Here's how I made it (and you can too):
- I bought 1" wide silk ribbon at Dharma Trading
- I dyed it in hues of grass and sky
- I cut the ribbon into two 6' strands
- I glued it to the branch.
- I stained a wood bead
- I screwed it to the top of the branch
- I hot glued an acorn cap on top to hide the screw.
When unfurled the ribbon floats and dances in the air. It's amazing that something so simple could induce such joy!