Monday, May 12, 2008

Most Alive Monday: Thirst

"Love for the earth and love for you
are having such a long conversation in my heart" - Mary Oliver (Thirst)

















It was a wonderful Mother's Day! Saturday night, in bed, Satch whispered, "In da mornin I say Happy Muvers Day" (practicing what his Dada told him to do). It was the sweetest thing ever. Then Sunday morning he shouted his well rehearsed wish and I was presented with two gifts carefully wrapped in colored tissue paper.

Satchel gave me a gorgeous mug that he made with his own wee hands at the pottery studio where he went last week with Robert. Oh how I love this mug! It's big and the shape and weight of it are perfect....oh and the colors that Satchel painted it are just marvelous.

Robert gave me "Thirst" by Mary Oliver from which he read aloud one of my favorite poems as Satch listened attentively and I sipped hot organic coffee from my beautiful new mug.

They made me a breakfast of pancakes topped with fresh strawberries and we chatted about the day and how special it is to be a mother which is why we celebrate this day. Afterward we drove over to our future nest to do some much needed gardening so that it will feel like home when we move in. We threw down an enormous bag of wild flower seed and crossed our fingers. In the back we planted a pumpkin patch and some Physalis for Satch to enjoy in the Fall. We worked until it rained and came back for lunch and to relax.

Hope your Mother's Day was dreamy!

*About Most Alive Monday: I've decided to make at least one "most alive choice" each day and post my favorite each Monday. This, of course, is to motivate me to consciously "live juicy"! I hope you'll join me and share your "most alive moment" in the comments section so we may inspire each other.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 6:01 AM

1 Comments:

Blogger denise said...

That is a BEAUTIFUL mug. I love pottery.

Organic coffee and poetry and snuggly kids. Sounds like my kind of morning. :)

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home