Monday, May 19, 2008

Most Alive Monday: Lets Get Shakin'!


"jump up clouds are passing
look up the sky is laughing
I know we'll be laughing too
jump up I want to dance with you" - Dan Zanes

Satch had front row seats to see Dan Zanes & Friends play in Bethesda. We purchased tickets about a year ago. Life is magical, my friends! This marks the beginning of his 3rd birthday extravaganza!

















He had this stunned look on his face as if he couldn't believe that Dan Zanes was really in front of him. For the first few songs, he hid his face shyly into Robert's side. Then I scooped him up and danced with him in my arms to "Polly Wolly Doodle", after which he relaxed, but remained rather serious.

He clapped at the end of the songs and waved bye bye to the band when it was over. He noticed that Dan had the same exact harmonic as his which excited him and so he wanted to play his harmonica all the way back to the car. He clutched it tightly and only released it to put on his first concert shirt that he insisted on wearing IMMEDIATELY! (small photo above)


OH and the concert was amazing...children and parents rocking out together...dancing in the aisles!















But don't take my word for it...check out this clip that I took...


And if that wasn't cool enough...we had the extra pleasure of seeing the talented (and totally hot) Derick Grant dance his beautiful heart out. (sigh)



And
I'm feeling quite giddy this morning because my ribbon stick is featured on Crafty Crow!

*About Most Alive Monday: I've decided to make at least one "most alive choice" each day and post my favorite each Monday. This, of course, is to motivate me to consciously "live juicy"! I hope you'll join me and share your "most alive moment" in the comments section so we may inspire each other.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:56 AM

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto Georgia's first concert at the Universal Amphitheatre. Massive sensory loading; no output to speak of. For what it's worth, GG is over my shoulder now and insisted on viewing the videos.

Her message: "Rock & Roll!"

8:11 PM  
Blogger denise said...

Looks like a fun time. I have issue, somehow, with crowds (after all the years of jam packed concerts and living in a city/taking the subway daily) and just can't bring myself to do big shows with tons of people. So we missed this year.

Congrats on the crafty crow post. She is a cool lady - and that definitely was an awesome project for that!

9:53 PM  
Blogger jena strong said...

Happy birthday, Satch! Rock on!

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home