Thursday, April 10, 2008

Some Questions You Might Ask: Daffodils
















"Is the soul solid, like iron?
Or is it tender and breakable, like
the wings of a moth in the beak of the owl?
Who has it, and who doesn't?...
Does it have a shape? Like an iceberg?
Like the eye of a hummingbird?
Does it have one lung, like the snake and the scallop?
Why should I have it, and not the anteater who loves her children?
Come to think of it, what about the maple trees?
What about the blue iris?
What about all the little stones, sitting alone in the moonlight?
What about roses, and lemons, and their shining leaves?
What about the grass?" - Mary Oliver

Have a good weekend, everyone! And don't forget about "Poem In Your Pocket Day" on April 17th!!

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:59 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger Muser Grace said...

Hey! I love the blog. Beautiful writing. I can't wait until my baby is a bit older so I can steal some of your creative play ideas! I also stole the poem here for my blog as someone had just last night recommended Mary Oliver to me in a comment on one of my posts. Thanks for sharing yourself!

2:39 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Well Hey! Thanks for popping in and making this world a bit more cozy.

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home