Monday, January 28, 2008

Most Alive Monday: Under Water Edition


At least twice a day Satch stands on a stool at the sink and plays with his sea animals so we thought we would indulge his current interest and take him back to the aquarium. I called ahead to get the skinny on feeding times of the animals so we could make the most of it.

He watched the giant rays being fed and the diver came up to the window and waved at Satch (which freaked him out). The diver lured the huge ray right up to the glass so Satch could see it's mouth as it ate a squid. A large zebra shark then stole the meal bucket away from the diver. Satch insisted that the shark in this photo was "Bruce" from Finding Nemo. With that in mind, we looked for the pacific reef tank where Satch met "Nemo", "Marlin" AND "Dori". (all the children were squealing over these fish).












We then went to the touch tank where Satch touched a horseshoe crab and a slimy whelk. Seeing the whelk egg cases on the table beside the tank brought back fond memories of Fire Island (a barrier island across the bay from my childhood home) He brought out a zebra shark egg case for Satch to see as well as skate egg cases which again flooded my mind full of memories.












We watched some dolphins play ball and then we went to Chipotle where Satch scarfed down a vegetarian burrito bowl and sipped lemonade while playing with some new sea life toys that dada purchased at the gift shop. The new editions to his family are a walrus, a leopard seal, a crab, a squid, and a new whale (that he did not have), but we still need to find a hammerhead shark.

In other news - my tag cloud "Life in Chapters" is now missing from my blog. The original Java script that I added is still intact in the template, but the cloud has vanished. I read that the problem is on blogger's end. So until they fix it, you can't search by subject (sigh). If there are any Java-geniuses out there who could give me a hand, I would greatly appreciate it.

*About Most Alive Monday: I've decided to make at least one "most alive choice" each day and post my favorite each Monday. This, of course, is to motivate me to consciously "live juicy"! I hope you'll join me and share your "most alive moment" in the comments section so we may inspire each other.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 6:15 AM

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

how wonderful! i love the baltimore aquarium but haven't been back since i graduated from college. i'm sure it's as beautiful as ever!

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home