Monday, January 21, 2008

Most Alive Monday: Out of Sorts

First the good news. While eating breakfast, I remembered reading about Firefox mishaps and thought, "I must have exported a copy of my files at some point"...because I'm a little neurotic that way.

I knew that Firefox keeps a back-up profile, but mine was empty and I read that you have to act quickly to restore your original profile before Mozilla refreshes. I didn't notice that my Mac had completely reconfigured itself to its original state...from 2002...until the following morning. Even the time was reverted to military time. Applications were absent from the dock and some were completely missing from the apps folder.

I ran a search and went back to playing with Satch and when Satch and I went back up to the studio, there was a little folder named bookmarks on my desk top....and inside was a copy of my link log. I think it's almost everything.

I want to thank everyone for their support, encouraging words, and sharing their linky loves.

My photos are still a big mess on my LaCie. Imagine if someone took everything you owned and threw it altogether in 5 big piles organized only by year....THAT is what happened to my photos. Thousands of them that were meticulously organized so that I could find each and every one quickly. I have no idea how long it will take me to fix that mess. One day at a time.

My most alive moment was watching Satch play in a cardboard box in the studio.

I'm going to try to stop thinking about my computer woes and instead think about MLK.  My husband (a former history teacher) will be explaining to Satch (in simple terms) why we honor MLK and will be reading a snippet of his speech.

"At the center of non-violence stands the principle of love. A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom. " - Martin Luther King Jr.


*About Most Alive Monday: I've decided to make at least one "most alive choice" each day and post my favorite each Monday. This, of course, is to motivate me to consciously "live juicy"! I hope you'll join me and share your "most alive moment" in the comments section so we may inspire each other.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 6:31 AM

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Martin. But we are no longer merely approaching. And still, the light dawns.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

"Suddenly there was a great burst of light through the Darkness. The light spread out and where it touched the Darkness the Darkness disappeared. The light spread until the patch of Dark Thing had vanished, and there was only a gentle shining, and through the shining came the stars, clear and pure."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Wrinkle in Time

(and I am thankful for the light that dawns)

6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home