Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A String of Pearls


In between the tantrums, the frustration, and sleepless nights are moments so beautiful that I wish I could string them together and wrap them around my neck... like a strand of pearls.




Making rocket ship cookies and eating them while they were still warm.
















Watching Satch taste his first organic hot chocolate with homemade whipped cream. He calls it, "hot papa" (indeed).


















Making felted merino wool balls in bright candy colors to hang on our tree...Satch pulling tufts of fluff and handing them to me with a cheery, "Here ya go, mama"...and the sound of his feet in robeez booties running to the washer while yelling, "My do, my do", because he wants to throw the balls in the machine.

(Merino wool is to our fingers what homemade whipped cream is to our tongues).





















Creating tiny dolls that resemble our family (still working on the dada) for Satch to play with in the gender neutral house he's getting for Xmas from his grands. The dolls are supposed to be faceless, but Satch insisted that I draw a face on them. The mama must be a good likeness because Satch giggled when he saw it.

I can't wait to see his face Xmas morn when he unwraps all his toys and musical instruments. I just hope my eyes don't well up with tears as they are wont to do.

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 6:03 AM

3 Comments:

Blogger nina beana said...

OMG- the wendy doll! the wendy doll! it's amazing, right down to the perfect necklace. and the hair! and the hat! i love it all.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like the idea of a gender neutral house and faceless dolls. Are they felted? The ornaments are great too. I was at a two-day meeting last week where one woman was needle felting. I hade never seen it before and loved it.
Happy Holidays, Wendy!

11:33 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Thanks, M! The dolls are part wood bead, part flossed chenille stem, and part felt. I got the basic tutorial here, http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/cr_dolls/article/0,1789,HGTV_3242_2334417,00.html

and the floss wrapping I memorized from this book
http://www.amazon.com/Felt-Wee-Folk-Enchanting-Projects/dp/1571201939/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1198068324&sr=8-1

the needle felting is so cool, and i must learn it.

happy holidays to you too!
xo

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home