Tuesday, December 04, 2007

The Peace of Wild Things

"And I feel above me the day-blind stars waiting with their light. For a time I rest in the grace of the world, and am free" - Wendell Berry


Collecting bits of nature that celebrate the season.

Scarlet red: I used to buy Red Sumac at the Green Market in Union Square. I spotted some growing roadside when were in MO for the holiday and Robert stopped the car so I could pick some to bring home.




Lichen: chunks of Lichens of the palest blue and green growing on bits of branches that I dragged home from Great Falls.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 6:03 AM

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

. . . and Robert stopped the car . . .

The definition of love.

4:29 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

beautiful photos as always!! I love sumac too. Have you made tea or lemonade with it before? yum

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home