Monday, December 17, 2007

Most Alive Monday: Sense of Wonder

"If a child is to keep alive his inborn sense of wonder, he needs the companionship of a least one adult who can share it, rediscovering with him the joy, excitement and mystery of the world we live in" - Rachel Carson (The Sense of Wonder)

Sometimes opportunity just falls right into my lap. It was really warm for a December morning so I decided to tidy up the back yard a bit. Satch played with some earth worms while I raked pine needles. While raking, a tiny red-back salamander paid us a visit.  It appeared to be smiling and had a little clump of mud on it's cheek.  I took a few photos of it while Satch lovingly draped earth worms over my arm as he patiently waited for his turn to hold the salamander.




















*About Most Alive Monday: I've decided to make at least one "most alive choice" each day and post my favorite each Monday. This, of course, is to motivate me to consciously "live juicy"! I hope you'll join me and share your "most alive moment" in the comments section so we may inspire each other.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 6:07 AM

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing what turns up when you rake the leaves?

4:12 PM  
Blogger Veronica TM said...

you are that perfect companion, wendy. lovely photos, as always.

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home