Monday, December 17, 2007

Most Alive Monday: Sense of Wonder

"If a child is to keep alive his inborn sense of wonder, he needs the companionship of a least one adult who can share it, rediscovering with him the joy, excitement and mystery of the world we live in" - Rachel Carson (The Sense of Wonder)















Sometimes opportunity just falls right into my lap. It was really warm for a December morning so I decided to tidy up the back yard a bit. Satch played with some earth worms while I raked pine needles. While raking, a tiny red-back salamander paid us a visit.
















It appeared to be smiling and had a little clump of mud on it's cheek.



I took a few photos of it while Satch lovingly draped earth worms over my arm as he patiently waited for his turn to hold the salamander.






















*About Most Alive Monday: I've decided to make at least one "most alive choice" each day and post my favorite each Monday. This, of course, is to motivate me to consciously "live juicy"! I hope you'll join me and share your "most alive moment" in the comments section so we may inspire each other.

You may also post photos of your "most alive moments" in my most alive flickr pool! (If you post a photo in pool, be sure to include your link in the comment)

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 6:07 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Isn't it amazing what turns up when you rake the leaves?

4:12 PM  
Blogger Veronica TM said...

you are that perfect companion, wendy. lovely photos, as always.

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails