Monday, November 05, 2007

Most Alive Monday


I'm thinking that sometimes just being present is the most alive choice one can make. I stopped what I was doing to catch a glimpse of dada reading to Satch. The expression on his face made my skin tingle and my heart dance.



"Dada"
"Yeah, Satch"
"You nice man, Dada"
"Thank you, Satch"


"Mama"
"Yes, Satch"
"You nice wim in"
"Thanks"




"I love Hol-ween, Mama"
"Me too, Satch"
"Open da door...rik a reets"
"Did you have fun trick-or-treating, Satch?"
"Yas, nemenums ah dee lo shus"

Does anyone else find human development as astonishing as I do? I mean, it seems like only yesterday that all he could do was grunt and now when I ask him if he can pick up the food that he threw on the floor he'll respond, "no mama, I can't".

*About Most Alive Monday: I've decided to make at least one "most alive choice" each day and post my favorite each Monday. This, of course, is to motivate me to consciously "live juicy"! I hope you'll join me and share your "most alive choice" in the comments section.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 6:07 AM

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! Sometimes it's not what you do, it's what you don't do, and then you see what happens by itself. The truth is revealed.

9:55 AM  
Blogger bella said...

To be present is the most alive choice.
This is SO it. You say it all in these words.
To be awake and notice and say yes to it all is living life. And you do in such a captivating way.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Mika said...

Isn't it amazing, when they seem SO far from a concept, but they can get it the next day? Incredible, even the little things like "getting" for the first time that they should be scared of things that fall. It amazes me.

4:10 PM  
Blogger jenica said...

my son also ends everything he says with mama. i feel so honored every time he speaks. ;-D

2:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home