Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Lazy Environmentalist

I confess that I'm one of those crunchy people who bought that giant "Millennium Whole Earth Catalog" by Howard Rheingold back in 1994...a tome so enormous that there is simply no book shelf tall enough to house it so it stands on the floor beside a vintage world atlas. I guess it should come as no surprise that I still read books about lowering the human impact on the environment. I'm always looking for ways to make conscious greener choices, but I don't really have the time to do all the research. Recently I discovered some guides that make it a whole lot easier (and take up less space). I've just read Josh Dorfman's book, "The Lazy Environmentalist: Your Guide to Easy, Stylish, Green Living". It's a great resource guide for going greener with style for people who need answers, and don't have time to do the digging. There are chapters on eco-friendly clothing, transportation, energy alternatives and even the final frontier... eco- cemeteries.

Walking along the trail today with Satch, we stopped to look at some deer tracks. We picked up acorns for upcoming holiday decorations. All the while I kept thinking, it is vital that we all do what we can to help preserve this kind of beauty for our children. I decided to explore this subject in more depth with someone who has done the research. In the June "Mom to Mom" interview, you'll get the scoop from a national award-winning journalist.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:51 AM

3 Comments:

Blogger jessamyn said...

can't wait for that! thanks for this post. i am often very challenged by the frustration that comes from not having time to do the "digging" but knowing this is all so crucial...especially in raising conscious beings.
thanks for the resource

4:39 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Thanks for the review. I also try to make green choices, but am often bewildered because I haven't the time for the research.

I also just watched your "I carry your heart video." Absolutely beautiful.

Thanks for living juicy and sharing your stories with us.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Andromeda Jazmon said...

looking forward to this.

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home