Thursday, October 18, 2007

Fall Collection


And all the leaves were calling me.
And the wind went sighing over the land,
Tossing the grasses to and fro,
And a shining rainbow held out its hand,
So what could I do but laugh and go?
- Richard Le Gallienne



More gifts from the trail to celebrate Autumn...

















and Satchel's first watercolor paintings to brighten the shorter days to come...































and his paper butterfly fluttering suspended in the stairwell...perhaps we'll make some friends to keep it company.



Yesterday, while out (at least a 5 mile stroller trek) buying more watercolors and safety scissors and yet another digger because when Satch saw it he sighed, "I love diggers", so sincerely that I felt he should have it... we ran into a man with long white hair and beard to match and eyes that twinkled like Santa... come to think of it, he looked like David Crosby. "Look, Satch", I yelled jumping up and down, "he has a BANJO"! And the dear soul walked over and played for us and we sang made up lyrics to fit the moment like, "I've got a pinecone...how 'bout you".

Well...what can I do, but laugh and go. Have a good weekend everyone. See you Monday.

(To the mysterious banjo player, you were "the shining rainbow" yesterday...thank you for "holding out your hand".)

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:31 AM

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What a beautiful story! I also love the photos in the beginning of the post. What type of camera do you have?

8:20 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Thanks, M. I used a Nikon coolpix 5000. It's my digital workhorse.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Veronica TM said...

what beautiful treasures you find, wendy! i wish one day we could walk together.

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home