Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Bushwhacked!

Satch and I took a nice stroll in the rain to the post office. As I placed the parcels on the counter I froze when I heard a newscast reporting a terrorist attack and evacuations. The mail clerk must have seen all the color drain from my face because she immediately said, "They're re-playing the original broadcast....we're you there?" "Yes", I replied sadly, "I was there". I couldn't find the words for what I was feeling. It's not as if I've forgotten...every year at this time the nightmares start. I wake up hearing sounds so real that it takes some time for me to realize it's not really happening.

I really didn't need that sort of reminder...it was like a whack in the face!

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 10:14 AM

1 Comments:

Blogger bella said...

I was thinking of you today.

How startling and upsetting that for a reason I cannot grasp or make sense up they were replaying the original broadcast! Why do we do this, to ourselves and one another?

I'm sorry you had such a "reminder".

Sending love and healing and rest your way.

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home