Thursday, August 09, 2007

And Corners the World Forgets


I've always felt that ALL weekends should be three day weekends so I decided to start a trend. (That is my most alive choice) You guessed it...I'm signing off early. Have a good weekend everyone!

My Days Are Made of You and Me by Karen Howland

You dance tangerine slices across my skin and sing I love you mama.
Your cheeks burst with citrus juice and the sun runs down your chin.
Anticipation is too much, you eat cheese right through the wrap.
It's your first embrace of everything that enamors me so.
Your feet try and leave the certainty of gravity, jubilant
jump, leap, fall into my lap, I quiet you with a kiss, and you're off
flying, feeling, falling the fruit of you, the tree of me, we spin
telling time by milk rather than clocks, and we smell heaven
in cinnamon and pillows and corners the world forgets.
There is a melon slice in your open palm, an orange smile
that travels from your hand, to your face, to my soul.



Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 6:20 AM

4 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

I love that satch is smiling in this pick!!!.. He's completly cheesing out!!
Sending some love!
have a great weekend
j

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so lovely, i anticipate the yummyness of embracing my little ones this weekend, have a wonderful weekend.

vickie

3:17 PM  
Blogger jenica said...

that poem made me cry, especially the "...telling time by milk rather than clocks..."

thanks so much for posting this. brightened my whole evening.

1:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so moved by this poem! I feel so teary about the fruity comparisons, I don't exactly know why, nor do I need to, I suppose. Thank you. You and the boys are gorgeous.

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home