Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Mission


...and then, as if by magic, the heat and humidity lifted. We opened all the windows and the song of the world rushed in.

Inspired by Jen's mission, Satch and I went out on a little mission of our own. We posted a sticky note in a local bus stop that read, "Be in love with your life"...


















then we created "Mercury Man" because Satch is interested in robots.

I have no idea what this thing is, but I do know that it needed eyes.



















The amazing Shelley must have been on a mission to rock our world, because this gorgeous book of play rhymes arrived in the mail yesterday. (karmic boomerang!)

Thank you, Shelley!

In the darkness of bedtime:

" mama da moon"
"you saw the moon?"
"yesss an da tars"
"and the stars too?"
"yesss"
(he paused and then with his little index finger pointed up as if to punctuate an important idea)

"bir day eat cake....candles"

The imagery of his thoughts wrapped themselves around my heart, and he fell asleep clutching his giraffe in one hand and his digger in the other. The breeze carried with it, the melody of night, chirping of crickets and the rhythm of our breathing.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 6:28 AM

5 Comments:

Blogger Shelley said...

Now THAT's what I call Mission Accomplished! So glad that you'll be enjoying that book... as we did. :-)

11:35 AM  
Blogger bella said...

Magical.
What a perfect day.
Today I will be in love with my life.
Thank-you.

2:16 PM  
Blogger jen lemen said...

yay! so happy to read this. i can't imagine anyone being happier to find that sticky. good news. :)

9:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Fun! I love the post it and the robot. Thanks for cheering me up with your playfulness.

12:09 AM  
Blogger Veronica TM said...

what a beautiful post, wendy! i love the robot and the note. i am sure satchel enjoyed it so much too.
you inspire me.

12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home