Monday, July 09, 2007

Rainy Days & Mondays...

never get us down.

(what's with the toes?)


















We have fleas in our sandbox! Can't figure that one out as we purchased sterilized beach sand which had to be specially ordered AND we keep the lid on it when not in use. Since it was raining and we couldn't play in it anyway, I sprayed it with a dilution of Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap that I used in my garden as a natural insecticidal soap. I also zapped it with a zillion drops of peppermint oil and that made the fleas hoppin' made. They tried to jump out of the box. So far...no living fleas (some dead ones), just a nice minty scent. And the best part is, it's not some toxic chemical...and Satchel's feet smell like candy canes!

In the studio I have an enormous and cozy old rag rug folded in half on which we color...and where Satch makes requests that I draw for him. Lately, it's "make baby", "make unbone" (rainbow), "make buh fy" (butterfly), "make nest", "wite (write) Satch", and "make bee" (since the sting). He hands me the colors he wants me to use. He dumps the entire bucket of crayons on the floor. He'll often ask for water and a paint brush, but not just any brush. He needs to feel the bristles until he finds the one he wants...this can take a while.

and sometimes we just get wet...





Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:40 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home