Tuesday, July 31, 2007

My Life is So Magic!

There is an artist by the name of Ahsley Goldberg whose work I do deeply dig and I've been wanting a couple of her prints for Satchel's room. I'm a stay at home mom now which means we don't have any extra money so I kept thinking how can I buy these prints without using money? I read Andrea's post, "Ask For What You Want" and eureka... I had an idea! I emailed the artist and offered her a trade and she graciously accepted. I traded her one of my jangly confections for a couple of her pieces.

(By the way, Satchel's aunt Laura gave him one of Ashley's t-shirts as seen here...and it's his favorite shirt, one that we'll have to save forever.)

Go check out her work, but don't blame me if you become obsessed! (Thank you, Ashley!)
In other news: Satchel was up all night again...this time he was crying to read a book, crying to go outside (at 3 AM), crying about, I am not kidding, a butterfly! Why all this crying? Any ideas? Anyone? He sleeps with me...he has no possible reason to cry that I can think of. See the face on that character to the left...that's me right now trying to smile, my eyes puffy and painful from lack of sleep. Right now I'm thinking, one would have to be a masochist to want a second child. Then, this afternoon he'll do something so cute that I'll feel guilty for thinking that.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 6:53 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger Veronica TM said...

hi wendy! i love ashley's art and the bracelet you traded with her!
i have no idea about all the crying but i am sending you positive energy for a better night tonight. Fiona is getting to be more demanding and complains if something is not to her liking {which is very often}, mamma mia!
i nominated you for the rockin' girl awards, if you can, stop by.
xo

5:45 PM  
Blogger Queen Anne Mama said...

Hello Wendy! I haven't looked at your blog in a while - on purpose - so that I can have a day-after-xmas rest and look through a bunch all at once. :)

My 4 year old will do that on occasion. She will stay up late, wake often, and generally not get enough rest. For us, daddy time fixes it. She won't relax enough to nap for me, but on daddy's tummy, she's out like a light. It works every time. He lays in the recliner, puts on a boring-for-her movie (Arrested Development or Parks and Recreation usually does it - something quiet, lots of talking, no violence), she sucks her thumb with her blankie and is out. Just something special about daddy's tummy.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home