Thursday, July 12, 2007

Gifts

"If you surrender completely to the moments as they pass, you live more richly those moments" - Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Colias Philodice?







I've always wanted to read, Gift from the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh so I bought a copy for my mother and me for our summer read. My mom's copy arrived first and she's already half way through it. It's that good! There were a number of reasons why I was drawn to this book, but it's mainly because the author, like me, was a seeker...living her questions, looking for balance, and sharing her truths.

I'm signing of early AGAIN this week. Have a good weekend everybody!

See you Monday...until then, surrender to the moments and live more richly!


(below: some gifts from the trail)













Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 6:36 AM

4 Comments:

Blogger bella said...

I too love Gifts From The Sea. It is timeless.

Been reading through many of your old posts (I found you through Karen and Cheerio Road). Just beautiful. I'm happy to have found you.
-Bella

9:18 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Thanks, Bella. Happy to have found you too! To quote Karen (as i so often do), "nothing is found but which finds the other".

Wendy

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The thing that struck me about "Gift from the Sea" when I read it, is how well it has aged. Her thoughts are fresh and inspirational, and so completely applicable to modern life, although the book was written in the 1950's.

I couldn't put this book down either. I had even been planning to write a post about it one day, but you beat me to it!

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leave it to you Wendy, to discover my inspiration in Anne. I often console, indeed encourage myself, with the thought that I will be around as long as she is, forever, a small sure voice riding in on the tide.

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home