Friday, June 29, 2007

Dawa Wok!



This was the scene while I was making dinner. Satchel bouncing on his dada like he was a wild Bronco! I can't resist pointing out that my husband is wearing black socks with shorts. If he starts wearing a pocket protector, I'll have to pretend I don't know him.

Satchel had his 2 year check up and the doctor said his language skills are off the charts. I didn't know this since I have no way to compare nor do I want to. As Karen Maezen Miller wrote in Momma Zen, "The grass grows by itself". My belief is that Satch is the expert at being Satch and I trust that he will develop in his own way and his own time...so I'm not the type of mom who counts his words etc. Still, since he was a wee babe, we signed and spoke clearly to him...and I'll never forget the first time he signed "milk" and how much easier it was for all of us the more he was able to communicate. What I do know is that Satch is very expressive and still uses some of his sign language as well as spoken words...and now sentences! It happened so suddenly that I didn't realize it at first.



"Mama pay buh-lok"; "piece uh banana"... "juice bok" and "bye bye hah fun". Satch is a good communicator. Yesterday we were playing blocks and he heard me say, "oh, that'll work" and that became the catch phrase for the whole afternoon every time he chose a block to add to his creation.

Over dinner, as I so often do, I recounted the events of the day with his dada while Satch nodded in agreement and then when I mentioned the new sentence, Satch chimed in quite proudly, "oh dawa wok"!

Have a good weekend, everyone! I'll be back Monday with a new Mom to Mom interview.....

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 6:30 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home