Friday, May 04, 2007

Worth

*Further proof that I'm the luckiest person on earth...
Satch and I took his bike on the trail to make sure the "Bee Charmer" was still there. I could see the little handle that I made hanging from the tree hollow. Then as I looked down, right there at my feet was a set of butterfly wings that once belonged to a Black Swallow Tail.... just wings...REAL butterfly wings! I took a scan of them, but it doesn't do them justice.

*Feel free to rip the jpeg from this blog, cut them out and use them for your art. (click on photo to view larger)

Then I discovered during Satchel's nap that there is a wendyful love-fest going on over at the Whole Self!

and then THIS article...

NEW YORK (Reuters) - If the typical stay-at-home mother in the United States were paid for her work as a housekeeper, cook and psychologist among other roles, she would earn $138,095 a year, according to research released on Wednesday. The 10 jobs listed as comprising a mother's work were housekeeper, cook, day care center teacher, laundry machine operator, van driver, facilities manager, janitor, computer operator, chief executive officer and psychologist, it said. The typical mother puts in a 92-hour work week, it said, working 40 hours at base pay and 52 hours overtime. A mother who holds full-time job outside the home would earn an additional $85,939 for the work she does at home. (Reporting by Ellen Wulfhorst)

To quote Fred, "I'll be back when the week is new" because tomorrow we're taking Satch to the kinetic sculpture race and meeting up with the amazing and talented poet, Shelley of But Wait, There's More! And if that isn't awesome enough...Julie of Self-Definition is visiting us on Sunday!

  • listening
  • reading
  • watching (The first tv show I've watched in 2 years. They hooked me with the line,"Be careful where you walk, history's afoot")
Have a great weekend everyone!
*Those who know me would agree that my list of reasons why I am the luckiest person on earth is innumerable. (and the fact that I have such a long list is yet another reason)

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 6:34 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home