Monday, April 30, 2007

Weekend Goodliness















We found another letterbox...in a store....and picked up our first "hitch hiker". I received an email from the placer of the missing "whale box" (see previous letterboxing posts) and it was found in a nearby trash can then re-hidden. I placed the "hitch hiker in the "whale box" along with a cd of whale songs. (Thanks, Nina, for my new obsession) I will soon be designing my own letterbox to hide. (Details on that soon)

In the meantime, I finished these journal commisions which will be published in the summer issue of, "Artitude"! The article will be a short tutorial on how I made the books as well as an interpretation of the imagery.

Did a little gardening (Robert calls this "dirt therapy")...I planted some native and not so native plants. I found some wild mint, fern and violets...separated the tubers (and rhizomes), took a few offspring while leaving the main plant intact and planted some of them in back of our nest.
We are also working on a container herb garden for the front stoop...just a few of my faves and most used herbs: basil, chives, cilantro and more mint (mmmm...mint for iced tea and cucumber raita)

Picked up a copy of SARK's new book, listening to the new Feist album, waiting not-so-patiently for the release of Volta and looking forward to a visit from Julie this weekend! (her birthday is friday)

Oh, and here's a find: Satch is wild about these mini organic blueberry waffles. They are delicious and cute...about the size of a half dollar!

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 6:43 AM

4 Comments:

Blogger Shana-Lynn said...

I will look for some of those mini-waffles for my daughter, I think she would really like them.

9:00 AM  
Blogger laura capello said...

that brand makes some gluten-free waffles that are awesome as well!

3:10 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Indeed they do :-)

I held off a long time before introducing wheat to Satch.

mmmm just thinking about those yummy waffles is making me hungry.

3:26 PM  
Blogger Mindy said...

nina introduced me to letterboxing, and this is now one of my most favorite activities! your bee box is just so special - blows away all those tupperware containers :) a real hidden treasure. xo, mindy

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home