Sunday, April 15, 2007

April Shower & Wild Life House List

Saturday afternoon, while working in my art studio, I saw the most enchanting scene unfold below me...the children of Hickory Cluster enjoying an April shower in an umbrella fort.


"The secret of genius is to carry the spirit of childhood into maturity." — Thomas Huxley.

We had a lovely visit from Satchel's Uncle Chip this weekend. Sunday morning, Chip spotted a coyote in back of our home. At first I thought it was a fox, but as Chip pointed out, it was too large to be a fox. I decided to keep a house list of all the wildlife we've seen.

This is what we have so far:
(I'm still trying to identify some of the many other birds we see and I always point out the characteristics of the various animals to Satch. He now says "booday" or "Wobin" instead of just bird)
At this moment...the wind is howling and it is supposed to get stronger due to the Nor'easter. Robert said that considering all the rain we had Saturday night and Sunday, we should expect some trees to fall. A large tree outside my studio on the other side of the trail has already snapped.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 11:24 AM