Monday, March 26, 2007

Treats

After breakfast (which he didn't eat) Satch and I loaded up the wagon with books and headed over to the used book store to sell them. (We thin the bookcase with each move) We stopped at the coffee house for a muffin (which he did eat) and mailed a parcel to Julie before heading home to play. We played in the field behind our home and an asian woman became smitten with Satch. She gave him these beautifully wrapped treats. I have no idea what they are (because she didn't speak English) and they taste terrible, but it was so very nice of her. I'm saving the wrappers because they're really funky.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:12 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger Shana-Lynn said...

That was very nice of the Asian lady. Too bad they didn't taste very good. Well, the wrappers are pretty interesting though and Satchel kind of made a new friend.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Yes..she was lovely and we tried so hard to communicate with each other.
I tried to find out what language she spoke so I could get someone to translate for us, but she couldn't tell me. I made friends with an elderly gentleman from China so I was hoping she spoke mandarin and I could have asked him to help.

Btw, he's going to teach me to make Lo Mein because mine totally bites. I can, however, make some rockin' cold sesame noodles. Ooooh...that recipe is in "Garden of Vegan", only they call it peanut buttery noodles, I think.

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home