Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A Wash

I have this mothering motto...
when all else fails, just add water.








Entranced by the water faucet, he'll stand there until his fingers are puckered.
















And no matter how long I let him wash his hands,













there is always drama when it's time to dry off.

A playful artist/mama by the name of Cordelia (whom I met on the trails one day) told me, "it's all about transitions...transitions can be difficult even for adults". I make the transitions as gentle as possible with plenty of discussion about what happens next. I also try to take as much time as he needs, but sometimes there is drama no matter what I do.

What wisdom can you share about transitions?

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 4:58 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home