Sunday, January 21, 2007

A Smattering

I just received my copy of Kaleidoscope and it's pretty nifty! I'm thrilled that my work is in it!

The living area is finished...
but I still can't find my throw pillows that are made from colorful vintage table cloths. We purchased cubbies instead of bookcases because we would need a LOT of bookcases to hold all our books and the cubbies are 2 books deep. The cubbies have drawers for our tunes too! Most of Satchel's toys and books are in the living because we like it that way.
Satchel has the shorter cubby all to himself.







What's extra cool about our cubbies, is that they can be used as room dividers and can stand vertically or horizontally.It feels good to have everything put away. His blocks are inside the storage ottoman (thanks to Ikea).


Satchel is really into the Bing books now (Thanks to Bellablue for the tip).














He also loves, "What I like about me".


















We bought Satch another pair of "big boy" shoes for mucky days (on sale for 4.99) since he won't wear the first pair we bought. He wore them for all of 10 minutes then wanted his Robeez. Any suggestions?

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 9:48 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger Veronica TM said...

I love your self portrait! And those cubbies...to have an Ikea close by would be nice!
Your living room looks very comfortable and pretty!
Thanks for the book recommendation!

5:49 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Thanks, V, it's a cozy nest to rest while we decide where to plant our roots. When my husband was offered the job here I said, "I need to live near an Ikea"...and he said there are 3 in the DC area so I started packing. When we moved to CNY, I REALLY missed not having Ikea. I lived in NYC for most of my adult life and used to hop on the Ikea bus whenever I wanted. Yes, the had a bus that went to and from Ikea...it rocked!

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home