Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Winterlight Castle

Living with a toddler is like living with a caveman. There are a lot of monosyllabic words and grunts mixed with some frustration when you don't quite understand the language. We have our good days when we totally connect and our bad days when we completely frustrate each other. Each day we start anew with the best intentions. ( I ordered this dvd and will let you know how it goes)

Yesterday was a good day. A big box of Christmas gifts arrived from Satchel's Grandma & Grandpa Cox. I quickly put the gifts aside and grabbed a utility knife. Satchel stood at the safety gate watching and whining, not quite sure why his mama was going midieval on the box. Ten minutes later the "Winterlight Castle" emerged.


















Satch was so excited that he flapped his arms like little wings and I thought, "wouldn't it be wonderful if we could float from happiness".


















He immediately figured out how to work the drawbridge.


















He stood at the castle window and I said, "let me see your face", then he tucked his wee hand under his cheek in the sweetest way to show me his face.

















He picked up his new book and read it while sitting on his drawbridge.


















After the excitement settled, I bundled up my boy and took him outside for a winter wagon ride (so that I could get the trash ready for pick up).

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 6:45 AM

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the winterlight castle is fantastic!

i miss wagon rides around the neighborhood with my boys when they were small. that was a favorite.

have a beautiful week/weekend with your sweet family wendy.

12:31 PM  
Blogger pinkcoyote said...

i love it!! wendy, your creativity will always inspire me! thank you thank you! love THAT FACE.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

oohhhh.. I LOVE this Wen!!
xoxoxoxox for you all.. Happy Holidays!! The countdown is on!!

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea! Cardboard boxes are one of life's indispensible joys. And love Satchel's faces. He just glows.

7:13 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Thank you. It's hard to get a good shot sometimes due to poor light (and I hate using flash) or movement.

Much love to your tribe from mine.

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweet photos

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home