Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Two Worthy Causes


A package arrived from my friend Cooper of Hint Mint.


Seems I have the honor of carrying the official Hint Mint tin for AIDS awareness. The concept is: I make a 5 dollar donation to Youth AIDS, then I pass the tin on to someone who I think will do the same and so on. You can help too!

The tin has been handed over to Darsie Tolosky.

Below is another cause close to my heart and should be to all of you mamas as well. I don't know about you, but I want a better future for my child. According to the film, "there is overwhelming evidence if the vast majority of the world's scientists are right, we have just ten years to avert a major catastrophe that could send our entire planet into a tail-spin of epic destruction involving extreme weather, floods, droughts, epidemics and killer heat waves beyond anything we have ever experienced". Please pledge to see this film. Better yet, buy the film...EVEN BETTER BUY IT USED (recycle, re-use: unless it's a gift, I buy all my cds, dvds and books used). Below is a small list of things you can do to help. Click on image to enlarge.
Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 2:36 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I saw the film this summer. I have quite a few blogs about it. It is definitely worth seeing again though. I took the test to see how much CO2 I was adding and it was higher than I wanted. I try not to drive too much, I buy as many local products as possible, and I try to live very simply. My trips to Seattle were what got me. I can't give those up. They are what recharge me and keep me able to do the work I do at the energy level that I do it at.

1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home