Thursday, April 05, 2007

I Heart....

I bought some swell summer kicks by Crocs. I had avoided these shoes for so long because they were ubiquitous, but Crocs has created some funky new styles. Sooo I got these very Scandinavian looking red mary janes. They look like a mod, rubber version of my old "Olaf Daughters of Sweden" clogs that I wore in high school 1979-1981. (While most kids were wearing regular clogs, mine were mary jane style!)

AND
I also bought this funky cap toe black and red chunky clog. *Update: While repairing my blog's photos that have gone missing, I noticed this post and wanted to add that these aforementioned crocs lasted so many years.  The red pair was given to a friend who loved them, and the black pair finally wore out in 2019.



AND

two of my favorite toy makers (in case you're wondering) are Lynn Roberts of the UK....


These are just two of her creations from her website.








(I was always more an animal person than a doll person, but I'm absolutely in love with little Ruby.)
















AND

Camilla Engman of Sweden.





AND

I heart these Gee's Bend Quilt postage stamps.




They're so wonderful I almost don't want to use them.


Robert and I went to the exhibit at the Whitney in 2003. One quilt, in particular, touched me very deeply and I'll never forget it. It was made by Arlonzia Pettaway from her late husband's old work clothes. She said, "Lonnie, you know what I'm going to do? I'm going to take Nathaniel's old clothes and make a quilt out of it, where I can remember him."

AND lastly,
I heart David Byrne for keeping me in the musical loop (since my cd player is loaded with Satchels' tunes) because now I heart Hanne Hukkelberg!

OK...I showed you mine, now you show me yours!
oh..I almost forgot, here's the html code to create a hyperlink from my comments section to your I Heart list. Just copy and paste the code into your comment and insert the url to your I Heart list where noted, change the "click here..." text to, "I Heart".

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 6:59 AM

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh My Goodness. LOOK at those stuffies!!?? The little squirrel or mouse-faced one looks so expressive-shy and pensive. What great photos of these dolls. Do you own these or are these shots off of their website.
I love the clogs, too! But I'm a dansko girl. I love my keens, too, for more sporties.
What a fun post!! I'm going to get going on my list now. Thank you for the bright spark of inspiration, as always!

2:00 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I KNOW...the softies are wonderful. I don't own them, but I wish I did. The photos are from the websites.

I like keen too...but am holding off on getting a pair 'til I find just the right one. Sort of like what happened with the crocs. I also like that the crocs are non-leather, vegetarian.

Can't wait for your list!!!
xoxo,
w

2:05 PM  
Blogger nina beana said...

i want those stamps! but i would SO have a hard time using them, too.

i hearted this post, getting mini-glimpses into you.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've been looking forward to using up my stamps so that I can buy these stamps too!
It always makes me happy when I read that we are inspired by the same things. We are so different in some ways but in others, so similar.

1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home