Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy Buy Nothing Day!

Participate by not participating

"On November 24th and 25th – the busiest days in the American retail calendar and the unofficial start of the international Christmas-shopping season – thousands of activists and concerned citizens in 65 countries will take a 24-hour consumer detox as part of the 14th annual Buy Nothing Day, a global phenomenon that originated in Vancouver, Canada." - BND Press Release

Check out the tv spot here!

Hey...did anyone watch "Puppet UP" on monday night? It was wonderful. It was like watching "Whose Line is it Anyway" with puppets! It reminded me of the International Puppet Festival in NYC that I went to with my friend, Phoebe!

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 6:04 AM

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I checked out the international puppet festival and there was some amazing work there. Something is up with my volume and I couldn't hear the others.
I have a question for you. Do you have any gift ideas for 10 children, the oldest 9 and the youngest 1? I was thinking of bringing a bunch of really cool art supplies with me on my trip and I was thinking that you may have some ideas.
Thanks,
Margaret

10:23 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

hi margaret.
i like http://www.creativityforkids.com
and http://www.klutz.com

they both make really wonderful age appropriate kits and the kids i've given them to LOVED them.

as far as the wee tot goes...not sure. 1 year olds are still into oral exploration so it would certainly have to be non toxic and not a choking hazard. i think i would get an age appropriate toy and skip the art supplies for the wee tot. though the crayola bathtub crayons sure look like fun. http://www.crayolastore.com

Good luck! Let me know how it goes, what you bought and how they liked it.
xoxo

7:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, Wendy!

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home