Monday, October 02, 2006

Mom to Mom: Veronica

Once a month I will be interviewing blogging mamas. If you would like to be interviewed on Mother Rising, please post a comment here (and let me know how to contact you).

It's October and I'm pleased to introduce....




Mom: Veronica
Of: Fiona (age 10 mos)
Where: Nevada
Blog: Petunia




1. In what ways has becoming a mother changed you?

Becoming a mother changed me in so many ways! Too many to say here, but the biggest changes are:

I know myself better.
I know now that I can do it.
I found this love that is much bigger than I thought existed.

2. Do you have a mothering tip you would like to share?

To try to be present, it is challenging because mothering is very demanding and sometimes repetitive, but in being a mother I have found my biggest spiritual practice, if I choose to be present for the experience. I am confronted with feelings of frustration, with wanting to escape {my natural tendency}, with wanting to hold on to moments forever, etc., I am just seeing myself as I mother Fiona.

3. What is your creative outlet/medium?

I am basically a crafter; I like to do so many things! From photography to sewing

4. How do you carve out time for your creativity?

Finding time for creativity is very challenging for me, it is finding time for one of my favourite things in the world, but there are so many other things I have to get done! Still, I steal some moments when Fiona is sleeping.

5. Why do you blog/journal?

I started blogging and for one month nobody but my husband knew about it, it was very freeing to say what I wanted for nobody else but myself. I found that even though being a mother is the best thing and I wouldn’t want to change it for the world, I was getting a little lost in the demanding role. My blog is my space to express myself and it is where I connect with like-minded people.

6. What blogs do you frequent?

I enjoy visiting all of the blogs on my sidebar, the first blog I discovered was wee wonderfuls , then angry chicken, they led me to this wonderful world of sharing.

7. Who are some mama bloggers that you would most like to meet?

I would love, love to meet you, Wendy, all the people in my sidebar, especially Misha, Amanda, Marieke, Andrea, Anastasia, Selena, Trudi, from and everybody who leaves encouraging and sweet comments and takes time to visit my little blog.



Labels:

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 8:26 PM

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

being present....a challenge every moment! but what makes each moment alive.

i enjoyed reading your interview :)

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home