Friday, October 27, 2006

Bella! Bella!

I'm excited to report that the beautiful and talented, Isabella Mariani has made news again. Seen here, (in the dark purple sweatshirt) she is performing an african dance with the National Dance Institute on "Good Day New York". Seems she is following in the footsteps of her performing parents, Abigail and Michael. (I once saw Abigail and Michael perform a duet so beautiful that I had to bite my cheek to keep from crying...I bled.) Their handsome son, Alessandro, is also quite amazing. Some of the most exciting ice hockey I've seen was watching Alessandro play at Chelsea Piers. He's been playing since he was a wee lad and I always looked forward to the home games. Recently the young man was elected captain of his team (quite an honor). He is also an aspiring photographer.

The Mariani's are my model family, a strong and loving unit. I've watched their children grow into the most extraordinary human beings I've ever met. And they have some terrific family rituals: In the wee hours on Thanksgiving day, Michael stakes out the perfect spot for his family (who joins him later) to watch the Macy's Parade; every year near Christmastime, they throw an open house and friends drift in and out merrily while the vegetarian chili fills bowl after bowl. It is true that Michael Mariani once stood back to back with Placido Domingo during the intermission of Lakme at the Met....I saw it with my own eyes. It is equally true that (in the summer) I love listening to "Viens Mallika" early in the morning while sipping coffee spiced with cinnamon and cloves.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 6:13 AM

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're so honored to have made your famous blog, Wendy!!! Thank you for your beautiful mention. Our kids were also shaped by you -- the wonderful babysitter with the fabulous art projects (not to mention the fabulous vintage Pez containers). Yes ma'am and yes sirree, Satchel is a lucky boy!
xoxo Abigail

9:31 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Oh thank YOU, dear friend. I was always happy to hang with your children. I never considered it "babysitting"...for me, it was more like playtime! I especially loved having them sleep over my flat on Rector. We ordered pizza; went to the top of the World Trade Center and tried to find the roof of my building; we watched Muppet Treasure Island and ate popcorn.

I can't wait to do all these things again with Satch. I'm the lucky one!

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home