Thursday, August 24, 2006

Smoke Signals & Distant Drumming

Satchel is cutting two molars which explains our difficulty.
After he fell asleep, I crept out to the sofa to watch an episode of Grey's Anatomy. I soon realized that the entire premise of the show is about infidelity. All other scenes are purely incidental. Dr. Shepherd cheated on his wife with Dr. Grey. Dr. Shepherds' wife (also a doctor) cheated on him with another surgeon. The chief of surgery cheated on his wife with Dr. Grey's mother (a former doctor) and if that isn't enough, Dr. Stevens is cheating on her boyfriend with Dr. Karev. Yeesh! Now I remember why I don't watch much tv.

A cool breeze blew through the window carrying with it an earthy scent and the chirping of crickets and lured me towards the window to breathe in the last bits of summer. Still no fireflies. My mind drifts to earlier in the day when Satch and I discovered that some of our sunflowers were pillaged the night before by some critter, the stalks laying on the sidewalk, stripped bare. The survivors are in bloom and stand proudly over 6 feet tall. Before I returned to bed two more thoughts crossed my mind:
  1. I would like to begin interviewing other mamas and post the interview on the first monday of each month.
  2. I would like to have some sort of gathering of all the women I want to meet like the lovables in my side bar.
So, I'm sending these thoughts to you, my tribe....smoke signals of sort that I hope will be returned by the sound of distant drumming!
Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 6:53 AM

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just feeling the need for that sort of connecting. I am a fairly new mama (my daughter, Layna, is just turning 8 months) and I have been feeling like we're in our own little world that needs to start branching out more....(funny you use the metaphor of drumming, because we were also looking into a "music together" class, and my husband, a drummer, has been looking for some drum circles).....i enjoy reading your blog and those you have links to, all inspiring and comforting.....i had started an on again off again blog, but hoping to restart with a fresh slate soon.

i would love to see the thoughts and such of other mamas with interviews, and would also be willing to participate myself.......

let the drumming begin :)

2:19 PM  
Blogger Veronica TM said...

I think both ideas are great. I would love to read the interviews and meeting you and the other mamas would be such a dream!

10:00 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I'm hearing the rhythm!

Cheryn, I would like to interview you first since you were the first to see the smoke.

Veronica, will you be my second interview?

I have to form some coherent questions in my sleep deprived state...I'll be in touch.

~Wendy

6:35 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

you know I'm in my friend.
xoxox
julie

8:26 AM  
Blogger pinkcoyote said...

oh YES, size 48 font YES!!!! i see your smoke, sister. i'm in. xoxoxoxo

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think these are great ideas!

4:47 AM  
Blogger mary said...

Count me in!

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home