Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Where's Max?

I wanted to do a little work in the studio so I dug out box of toys to occupy Satch. There were toys from my own childhood: miniature pots, pans and dishes from my playhouse; a toy sink (the stove and refrigerator had sharp edges so I kept them hidden). I keep my childhood toys in my studio to ground me when I'm creating.

Also inside the box were other toys that I had collected over the years in hopeful anticipation of having my own child: Gumby, Pokie, Blockheads, Scooby, and Sendak dolls. Satch fell in love with a Max toy (Where the Wild Things Are) and is completely indifferent to poor Bernard, the wild thing. When I handed him the doll I said, "This is Max". He examined the toy and kissed it. Later, when I asked Satch where Max was, he pointed to him. I was shocked! If only my mind were that sharp. I immediately grabbed my camera and asked him the question again. (Click photo to see video)

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 3:34 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger Veronica TM said...

That is so sweet! He is very sharp indeed!
I love the fact that you still have your childhood toys.

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home