Five Vignettes & One Recipe
- Early morning wagon ride before the heat set in.
- The sound of the last two kitchen cabinets being installed.
- Preparing heat wave smackerels while Satch took a mid-morning nap
- White Bean Hummus (recipe below)
- Salsa Fresca
- Lunching on organic egg salad sandwiches and cantaloupe.
- Satch playing in his pool on the front porch (he likes to splash and stick his whole face in the water).
- 1 can of cannelinni beans
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 rounded Tbsp fresh parsley chopped (or 1 Tbsp dry)
- 1 Tbsp Braggs
- 1/8 c water + 1/8 c apple cider vinegar (or substitute 1/4 c lemon juice)
- 1/4 c tahini
- 1/2 tsp cumin
*For traditional hummus, use chickpeas in place of the cannelinni beans!