Monday, July 24, 2006

Dream Vessel


pollyanna
Originally uploaded by annwood.
"and an ocean tumbled by with a private boat for Max and he sailed off through the night and day" -Maurice Sendak (Where the Wild Things Are)

I dream of having one of Ann's ships to hang in Satchel's room one day.

Ann is a fellow New Yorker and gifted artist!

Kitchen Renovation Week: It's over and it doesn't look much different than when we started. Due to the ceiling collapse, we can not sand the floors, repair and paint walls, or rebuild the the last cabinet. For me this is very depressing. I'm a visual person, an artist, and I like things to be aesthetically pleasing. I thrive in harmony and wither in discord. We are now scrambling to find money to repair the unexpected ceiling collapse. Every penny is accounted for. I'm going to have to take the money out of my IRA, penalties and all. Thankfully, we've finally found someone we could trust to do the repair. Julie's husband (of self-definition fame) is our man.

I had a bad day yesterday. I was preparing lunch and had Satchel's food diced and ready on his tray...I went to the kitchen to grab my plate and in that VERY brief span of time, Robert's cat was on the table with her head over Satchel's high chair eating (more like inhaling) his food!
So I had to start all over and when I was finished my lunch was cold.

Later as I was making dinner, I sat Satch on the floor with some toys next to his dada in the dining room while dada was reviewing his case for monday. Suddenly I heard a strange, nervous giggle coming from Satch. The kind of giggle that nudges your motherly instincts and tells you trouble's brewing. I went to see what was going on and there was Satch standing next to a puddle of cat vomit. If that wasn't horrible enough, he opened his mouth wide which is what he usually does to show me he's eating. I felt like vomiting myself, though I didn't see anything in his mouth.

What upset me so much was that he was no more than two feet from his daddy. I lost my temper and gave Robert a piece of my mind and his reply was, "well, I'm working". This only made it worse. OK, cats vomit and you can't control when or where it happens and you ARE working, but I'M in another room making dinner and Satchel is two feet away from you. You mean to tell me that you can't keep an eye on him while reviewing documents?!?!

I'm still angry!

I wish I could sail off in one Ann's ships (above) with Satchel and an unlimited supply of Ben & Jerry's!

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:23 AM

4 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

My dear friend I feel your pain!! Not trying to one up you but just this morning my husband scooted us out the door to go down 4 flights of stairs with out offering to help carry anything... So here I am looking like a pack mule with 30 pound Nate in one arm, my coffee in my other hand, along with my picture frame full of 14 pictures ( that I almost broke), the boy's breakfast, my box of cereal for the week, the bag full of linens that the boys need for daycare, and my extremely overloaded purse. As you can imagine by the time I reached the bottom of the stairs Nate had slipped down to my knee, I had dropped nearly everything, and spilt my coffee everywhere!! I was so angry by the time I reached the car that I called him up and said " Your an A%$!!!! I'm not a pack mule and you should have offered to help!" His reply.... " you should have asked for help"....
UGGGHHHHHGGGGG!!!!!!!

8:50 AM  
Blogger pinkcoyote said...

i'm trying the tissue trick now as i scarf breakfast and blog, what a great idea! miles is going nuts.

sister, you are in desperate need for some premium ben and jerry's. brandon gets demerits like this often and i have to try really hard to keep my sense of humor. when he says, "am i going to get a spanking?" i have to laugh-even amidst my frustration. do you have access to i love lucy reruns? have a good laugh, my dear. in a week, you will have forgotten all about this day, and in a year you will have forgotten all about this renovation nightmare. sending you big big hugs today!!!!

1:49 PM  
Blogger Veronica TM said...

I am so sorry to hear you had a bad day yesterday. Renovations and children can be so stressful. I totally understand your frustration. I can only say to try to breath deeply and try to find your center.
I am sending you good energy.

7:02 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I just want to thank you all for sharing your stories with me; for letting me know that I'm not alone in my experience; for virtual hugs; and for positive energy!!!

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home