Sunday, June 18, 2006

90 Degrees


It's Father's Day.
It's 90 degrees.
Satch is napping.
Dada is mowing.

We purchased a little baby pool for Satch and it sure came in handy today. After a lunch of faux tuna salad (made with tofu) and some melon for dessert, both of which Satchel enjoyed, we went out on the front porch to splash in the pool.

Satch loves water and loves being naked!

Robert and I made our summery craves: he made a strawberry shortcake and I made iced tea.

Though the tops of the enormous maples were swaying with the breeze, one look at the sky would tell how hot it is. Everything is veiled in haze. It occurred to me today that I haven't heard any cicada songs nor the nightly cricket lullabies this season. I haven't seen any fireflies either which reminds me, I must order one of these for Satch immediately.

For the epi-curious epicures, here is the recipe for the faux tuna salad:
  • 1 lb extra firm tofu (frozen over night; thaw; squeeze out water; crumble)
  • 1 stalk celery, chopped
  • 1/4 medium red onion, chopped
  • 1 carrot grated
  • 1/2 c Nayonaise
  • 2 Tbsp Braggs or soy sauce
  • 1/2 tsp lemon juice
  • 1/2 - 3/4 tsp kelp powder
Mix well, and serve on wholesome bread. (adapted from, How It All Vegan)

*when making this for Satch, I omit the hard to chew veggies and use onion powder.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 2:45 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home