Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Perspective














Last night I had a hypnopompic dream in which I found some little plastic sea animals washed up on a beach. I thought Satch would really like the toys so I picked up a whale and put in my pocket when suddenly I noticed my ArtBin float by. I grabbed it and saw more of my supplies being carried out by the tide. I found a crate and quickly began tossing my belongings into it, but saw more wonderful toys and soon it became a struggle over salvaging my art supplies or gathering toys for my baby.

I think my subconscious mind is acknowledging the struggle to find balance between mother and artist. I find that I have to limit my creativity to small simple projects as motherhood leaves me with little free time for more complex productions.

I welcome any sages out there to send their thoughts a/o suggestions. Lately I prefer the wisdom of the bear to that of Yoda.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:20 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home